Posting ID S1710
Position Permanent Full Time
Saskatchewan Blue Cross®, one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, is currently recruiting for a Disability Claims Coordinator in the Disability Management Services Department in our Saskatoon or Regina office.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Disability Management Services, the Disability Claims Coordinator is responsible for the initial set up of new life and disability case files and conducting appropriate follow up with claimants, employers, physicians and other service providers. As a member of the Disability Case Management team, you will serve as the initial point of contact.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to take your career in an exciting and rewarding direction.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage benefit application requests for Short Term Disability (WI), Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Life Claims
- Verify and enter completed benefit applications and follow up with claimants to obtain further information as required
- Respond to written and verbal inquiries in writing or by telephone, and prepare correspondence in a variety of formats (i.e. file notes, letters and reports) for claimants, physicians, providers of care, employers, etc.
- Direct escalated client inquiries to the appropriate case manager
- Act as a liaison and/or company representative initiating and developing strong relationships with both internal and external customers and plan administrators
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as mail distribution, filing, copying, and collating documents (paper and electronic) to support the management of case files
- Responsible for payment of invoices, tracking and reporting claim expenses, and completing cheque requisitions
- Prepare and file appropriate income tax information for all claimants
- Responsible for creating, reviewing, and updating various reports and databases
- Prioritize and maintain workload to meet deadlines, company objectives and department standards
- Other related duties and projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or certificate program in a related field and a minimum of two years experience in a similar role
- Experience in the delivery of health or business related services and/or knowledge of case management and/or group benefits would be considered assets
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal development and passion to excel in the delivery of superior customer service
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word with an ability to learn new software easily
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A high level of personal accountability and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities, maintain confidentiality and meet deadlines
- Must possess strong organizational, problem solving and decision making skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be flexible, innovative and independent
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with the public, peers, and co-workers
- Must undergo a Reliability Screening and successfully obtain a Reliability Status
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis
Application deadline: Monday, August 21, 2017
“IBAS has been proud to partner with SK Blue Cross to offer uniquely tailored group coverage to our broker membership for over 15 years.”