Director, Information Systems & Technology
Location: Saskatoon SK
Posting ID: S1706
Department: Information Systems and Technology
Position type: Full Time
Saskatchewan Blue Cross®, one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers, is currently recruiting for a Director, Information Systems & Technology position to lead our Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) Department.
Reporting directly to the VP, Finance & Administration, the Director, IS&T leads the IS&T team in providing Technology services across the organization and in ensuring optimal information technology programs, processes, systems, and services. The scope of the portfolio includes enterprise systems and digital services across the company including applications, infrastructure, end user support, outsourcing and vendor management.
DUTIES & RESPSONSIBILITES
- Effectively leads the Information Systems & Technology team to ensure the delivery of outstanding services and support
- Oversees the development and implementation of company wide information and communication systems required to support company operations
- Ensures best practices in the development of policies, standards and controls related to operational efficiency, compliance, risk mitigation, and security
- Develops performance measures to evaluate information systems & technology investments and service delivery and ensures the implementation of improvements needed to IT processes
- Provides leadership on all IT, business protection, security and related risk matters.
- Ensures the delivery of IT security awareness education to other areas in support of IT security compliance and IT security awareness activities
- Monitors regulatory, compliance and related guidelines such as data retention and audit requirements to determine impact on information management systems
- Participates on the Management Team and supports the development, planning and implementation of the company’s strategic business plan
- Provides support to the leadership team in understanding IT needs and offers recommendations and solutions to meet business requirements
- Leads and manages IT related projects or initiatives
- Creates and maintains a technology plan that enables the strategic business plan
- Negotiates and manages service-level agreements within the company and with external agencies and organizations.
- Prepares and manages the IS&T budget, forecasts and monitors expenditures
- Manages and develops direct reports, fosters teamwork, manages change and ensures effective communication within the department and across the organization
- Oversees all human resources functions for the IS&T team including workforce planning, performance management and recruitment
- Acts as a representative, participates, manages and/or leads various internal, regional and national committees, projects and initiatives as required
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools and appropriate professional designations through professional networks, research and educational opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Additional IT certifications, project management designation or equivalent technical training or education are desirable.
- 10-15 years IT experience, including 7-10 years of related IT experience plus 3-5 years of management responsibility, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of IT system operations and relevant hardware and software as well as networks, system security, telecommunications, and disaster recovery.
- Experience in effectively leading and managing projects and teams.
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, engage and influence key stakeholders
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating IT services and work procedures.
- Broad understanding of business operations, strategies, and processes to guide the design, development and implementation of technology solutions that support business objectives
- High level of problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills with ability to identify alternative solutions and recommend best options in support of organizational goals
- A demonstrated focus in ongoing professional education and development is required.
- Must undergo a Reliability Screening and successfully obtain a Reliability Status
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on an unrestricted basis.
Application deadline: May 15, 2017